Thursday, December 07, 2006

There Goes Another One

When out walking on the Town Lake Hike & Bike, for God's sake, don't play "chicken" with the power walkers. They're called power walkers for a reason.

My friend b.r. gave notice today. Another one of my inner circle off to bigger and better things! He'll be working for a great cause at the National Renewable Energy Lab in Colorado, where he's always wanted to live. He's so overjoyed, I think he's giving off enough happy rays to power a small village for a month - possibly one of the skills they hired him for, I don't know. You can't look at him without smiling.

I'll miss the living bejeezus out of him, of course. But on the other hand, I can now safely set my iPod on "bouncy" and turn the headphones way up and dance around in my chair without having to worry about him creeping silently into my cubicle, sitting down in my guest chair, and laughing at me for five minutes until I turn around and notice him. So I'm fairly philosophical about it.

Hopefully, renewable energy scientists enjoy being snuck up on. It's more than I can say for the power walkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home