Thursday, November 16, 2006

Men Are Bastards!

Men! Ugh! Lousy, no-good, weasely, sniveling, cowardly, two-timing, freeloading, completely irredeemable schmucks. They all are - no offense to anyone who happens to be one. The only exceptions to this rule are (1) my male family members and (2) my male friends. Particularly male friends who get me comp tickets to Madama Butterfly. Y'all are awesome. Blog readers count as friends. The rest of you? Who aren't reading this? Bastards!

(Happy sigh) Oh, I get so into opera. Tonight I got to go to the final dress rehearsal with Katie's eighth-grade orchestra class. Tomorrow, Margie and I get to go to the opening performance. I'm nicely warmed up for it. I've been crying my eyes out for the last two hours solid.

Why? Because men are bastards!!!

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Damn girl! Don't hold back!!

I'm here if you need to "talk".

 
At November 17, 2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oops...

Nah, just wrapped up in the miasma of the opera. I don't really think all men are bastards.

Only tenors. :)

 
At November 17, 2006 9:05 PM, Blogger southboulevard said...

*quietly types...*
Thanks for considering me a friend.
*thumbs up*

 
At November 18, 2006 1:38 AM, Blogger Beth said...

It's the opera - this American naval lieutenant stationed in Nagasaki marries a pretty young girl just to pass the time while he's stationed there, then takes off back to the US to marry a "real" wife, leaving the Japanese girl pregnant and patiently and faithfully waiting for his return.

Honestly, I just adore men. Almost none of them are complete pricks. Opera is a scoche on the histrionic side, you know.

Tenors, the old prima donna's saying goes. You have to elbow them in the nose or they'll bite you in the ass every time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home