Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's Cool for Cats

This morning I woke up and said to myself, "Today I think I'll toilet-train my cats using a method developed by a renowned jazz musician!"

Life's more interesting if you say things like that to yourself when you wake up, at least once in a while. Every morning might be a bit much.

We used to have a particularly adorable cat named Mingus, or Ming-a-ling-a-ding-dong-Boot-Boot-Boot for short. I wonder if anyone ever called Charles Mingus that? Or if his fellow musicians ever picked him up and kissed his wee shiny nosey, or firmly rubbed the bridge of it to make him schnerk? I suppose it's somewhat unlikely; unlike his namesake, the original Mingus appears to have been rather irascible, and not particularly cuddly. I bet he almost never took a running leap onto someone's shoulder to bury his head in their hair, say "brrrrrrrrrrrrrip!" and drool on their neck. Or maybe he did, I don't know. All I know is that he was a pretty awesome stand-up bass player.

Also he knew a thing or two about cats. What do you think; should I give it a try?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home