Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bumpers Please

For Justin's birthday (Happy Birthday cutie!), and despite the great personal sacrifice involved (I broke a nail), a few of us wacky funsters went bowling last night. I'm happy, because I exceeded my previous all-time high score of 16. Go me! We made the mistake of bringing along a really good bowler, but everybody had a great time anyway.

See, now this is someone who knows what he's doing. I believe Bill bowled a 578 last night. Note how he has his own shoes. You all know I'm a great believer in the power of shoes. No one can perform their best in a pair of red, blue and tan oxfords with the size prominently displayed on the heel. Bill has his own bowling ball, too, but you can't see it because it's blurry from the expert topspin he put on it.






Greg and Justin are understandably concerned, because they can plainly see they're going to get creamed. I'm pretty sure Greg is calling for help in this photo.






The birthday boy didn't do too badly, though he didn't manage to exceed the highest possible score like some people. Maybe he would have if he didn't take phone calls while bowling. These kids and their cell phones! I don't know what the world is coming to.










And here is a bad bowler, though I would've done just fine if they'd only put the bumpers up like I kept asking. Just look at those bowling pins, all smug and upright. They don't know what's about to not hit them.





Next time I think we should have a combination crossword tournament/dance-off. Who's got a birthday coming up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home