Sunday, October 22, 2006

Home Again

I made it back! And I didn't get bumped once. Well, except for on the dance floor last night. My legs are absolutely KILLING me!

That's an overstatement, of course; but they are at least throwing brick-laden threat notes through my window.

Thank goodness I didn't get bumped. I did pull an all-nighter and was so miserably tired. The gate agent who gave me my seat on the Denver-Austin flight was apologetic about having to give me a middle seat since the flight was fairly full. Middle seat? I don't think I'd have complained about being strapped to the wing.

The party was fun. Since I took my own advice and just kept my mouth shut and got my freak on, I don't have much to write about that. There will be pictures, perhaps, but almost none of them are on my camera.

And while killing time until the party, yesterday afternoon, we paid a visit to the U.S Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville.


Aren't you envious?

There was a fascinating, if somewhat stomach-throttling IMAX movie about exploring Mars (damn that CGI!) and more rockets, landers, rovers, exhibits, and other cool stuff than you could shake a stick at.


This device, for instance, crushes your used astronauts for easy recycling.

Yeah, you're right, it is naptime.

5 Comments:

At October 22, 2006 4:36 PM, Blogger Pam said...

my legs, toes, lower back, etc. are all killing me. And my lungs hurt from the forceful injection of carcinogens at "The Station".

We leave at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. I should be back to blogging on Tuesday!

p/s we have your bottle of merlot. We're holding it hostage until you come and visit us in Kansas ;-).

 
At October 22, 2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Pam said...

oh and sorry about the bumping on the dance floor. Hope I didn't bruise your hip ;-).

 
At October 22, 2006 6:50 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Have a safe and easy (as possible!) trip back! Try to resist chugging the merlot before you hit the 150-mile mark. :)

Any bruises acquired on the dance floor I regard as badges of honor.
I just hope I didn't thwack anybody while flailing around...!

 
At October 22, 2006 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I can't believe you put that pic up. You are liable to excite someone with that.

Pam it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and I am sorry that Elizabeth and I didn't drink that wine. We should have!

I slept most of the day as well and I can say that I DO NOT look forward to my 0300 wakeup call.

Cheryl's BITCH! had an awesome time seeing where you came from and kinda grew up. I am slowly starting to lose my newfound Alabama accent just in time for work tomorrow.

as previously mentioned..what happened in Alabama, stays in Alabama ;-)

 
At October 24, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Pam said...

cheryl's BITCH! - you had better share your pictures AND videos!! I am dying to see what we really looked like getting our freak on!

It was pleasure meeting you as well. If we go to hubby's 20-year reunion, we may just have to make a side trip to austin ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home