Saturday, January 27, 2007

Open Letter

Dearest IKEA,

You know I love you, but if you keep referring to a chaise longue as a chaise lounge, I am going to have to lay the smack down on you.

It's French. It means "long chair." The fact that you lounge around on one has no bearing on the name whatsoever.

Please refrain from making this mistake in next year's catalogue.

Love and kisses,
Bethy

P.S. Also, in the return policy, you've spelled the possessive "its" with an apostrophe. Why don't you just run your fingernails down a chalkboard while you're at it? Are you trying to make me crazy?!?

3 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they deliberately named the product a "lounge." You know, there is a brand of duct tape now that actually is called Duck Tape, capitalizing on the fact that most people think "duck tape" is the appropriate term for the ubiquitous gray tape.

You never really know. You should write them. I bet they don't read your blog.

 
At January 28, 2007 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De jaevlar svenskarna!
(Those damned swedes)

 
At January 28, 2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Beth said...

My stepfather said it was called duck tape because - oh wait, never mind, he's a sick, sick man.

It probably is deliberate, because you'd think those damned Swedes would know better.

A Swede read my blog just this morning, I'll have you know. S/he was looking for Jussi Björling. And whether s/he works for IKEA is anybody's guess, though since it's such a small country I imagine the odds are quite high.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home