Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Remind me to fetch Vanilla Ice a good sharp smack upside the head next time I see him. I have never forgiven him for that song.

Well, I suppose there are worse ways to spend a vacation than curling up in bed with an iBook and a big cup of coffee to while away the day. Fortunately I have plenty of time, as even though the city is urging everyone to stay home today, AISD schools and UT have cancelled classes, and most major businesses are closed, my agency's name is noticeably absent from the long list of government agency closures.

From what I understand the reason for this is because there are road crews who have to go out in all weather and it's not fair to them if they give the rest of us, non-essential (perhaps a little too non-essential) office chair-warmers a free ride. But the walkways outside my apartment door are coated with ice, and it's raining, or something, and the temperature is just barely below freezing, so I'm not going anywhere.

Neither are the cats, who are becoming fairly annoyed with me. They keep asking to go outside, and they're really not satisfied with the outside I keep offering them.

The ingrates. I offer them a warm, well-fed, comfortable life, entirely free of bad music (as long as they stay out of Katie's room). They should curl up in bed with me and be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home