Monday, January 15, 2007

Housebound

My employer is closed in honor of Dr. King today, but it looks like I might not be going in tomorrow, either.

They have a fairly lenient policy regarding weather-related absences. I'll quote from the official policy memo as best I can remember it:
If you feel it is not safe for you to come to work due to weather conditions, then do not come to work. Call in and let your supervisor know you will not be present. Oh yeah, but you have to use your own vacation time, sucker!!!!!

As if there were a chance in hell my supervisor would be in.

And of course I probably can make it, since it's right down the hill from my apartment, and I can just slide there. As long as everyone else is staying home and there are no cars on Riverside when I come barrelling down the hill and fly across at approximately 75 mph, this will not be hazardous at all. But if everyone else is sitting home by the fire, sipping hot cocoa, who will go on break with me?

I'm tired of being cooped up inside. I'm bored. I finished the internet already. Somebody amuse me!

3 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amuzement rescue.

 
At January 15, 2007 8:32 PM, Blogger dreadpir8roberts said...

I will probably make an attempt to get into work as well. I too grow restless. I finished the internet. That last level boss was difficult.

I'll see how the weather looks in the morning. If I slide coming out of the driveway, I may delay coming in by a couple hours.

 
At January 15, 2007 10:24 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I expect we won't be taking break out at the picnic table...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home