Sunday, June 11, 2006

Um, I Don't Think So?

So last week my 16-year-old son is riding his bike to summer school. He has to cross at an intersection; when the light turns green, he begins to cross, which causes a a car waiting to turn right at the light to have to stop and wait for him.

A second car, behind the one waiting to turn right, doesn't see that she's stopped until too late and rear-ends her.

The woman's car didn't suffer any damage, but apparently the second car did. So the guy in the second car tells my son that he (my son) is at fault for the accident and that his parents need to pay for the damage. The guy gives my son his business card, with instructions that I need to call him so I can make arrangements for payment.

Would you even call the guy, or just "file" the card? Or maybe call the police to report the accident? Actually I wouldn't worry about it at all if my son didn't have to ride the same route every weekday throughout June and July, the little slacker.

According to the guy's card, he's the VP of some contracting firm. Amazing how far you can get in life without learning to take responsibility for your own mistakes, innit?

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't call that fucker! what an ass - trying to intimidate a teenager. give me a fucking break. don't call, and if that guy EVER stops your kid again this summer, tell your son to call 9-1-1 and have that bastard arrested. WHAT A FUCKING DICK!

 
At June 15, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Hawaika said...

I echo Omar's comment. Don't call him! It's not your son's fault he can't pay attention while he's driving. I betcha he was on his cell phone when it happened! Dick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home