Monday, July 02, 2007

Hello, I'm Up Here

The new guy started at work today: Bill 3.0, I suppose, since he fills the position originally opened when Bill 1.0 left back in November. Now Once Again Without Tits. Whether this constitutes an improvement is probably subjective.

I made a quick little welcome sign for him in PowerPoint before he arrived, and pinned it to his cube wall:

To his credit, not only did he not immediately quit, but he went on a full hour's afternoon break with us. He's off to a promising start.

Then I came home to find that Pam had tagged me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger! It's a wonderful compliment, but carries with it the daunting responsibility of identifying and tagging five more female bloggers (that's the kind with tits) who rock.

I realize I'm not supposed to tag Pam back, which is a pity as she does have a pretty rockin' blog. And I'm not really comfortable tagging people; but I'll go ahead and list a few chick blogs I particularly enjoy:

What the hell: Pam! For anyone who may not know this, Pam and I went to high school together, but didn't really become friends until long after graduation. The same goes for our friend Tammy, who doesn't have a blog but ought to. It's funny the things you can have in common with someone and never realize it; if Pam hadn't come to Houston to do graduate work, we might never have gotten to know each other. I'm very glad we did.

It's always fun reading Lauren's posts on Lost in Texas - and Fletch's, too, even if he doesn't have - you know. Lauren is funny and smart and insightful, not to mention very hip. They're leaving Austin, which is a pity.

Type A Mama is another good read, though with a little one in tow and another on the way, she doesn't post often. She blogs diversely on life in Austin, motherhood, Wal-Mart or world events and her posts are always interesting and informative.

Annie in Austin at The Transplantable Rose writes a beautiful, poetic garden blog with amazing photos. She sings and plays the piano and writes music, too! She's inspired me to try turning my hand to not killing plants. Not killing them, do you hear me?! Someday I'd like to have a garden like hers. Unfortunately, I don't think my honeysuckle will make it to see that day.

Oh, and Digby's got tits, had you heard?

The new guy, who doesn't, tells me he's a PowerPoint whiz. Which sounds like a challenge to me. I need to figure out a way to upload my animated creations to this blog, because then it would totally rock.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 02, 2007 10:24 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Thanks for the tag back and acknowledging that I have tits. Tiny as they are ;-).

 
At July 03, 2007 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Elizabeth for suggesting I should have a blog :-) I'd love to join the group of those rockin' women - and maybe soon - but I tell you and Pam set the bar very high! :-)

 
At July 03, 2007 11:06 PM, Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Wow, thank you very much, Beth! Just having my name and the word 'girl' in the same sentence is quite exciting.

They may not ride as high and proud at my age, but they're still tits.

Annie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home