Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Clearing Everything Right Up

So I started a mirror to this blog over on statesmanblogs.com. It's not really a mirror - I just copied & pasted six or seven entries over there, and figure I'll try to keep it updated regularly. I sort of have stage fright, though, because it gets a lot more daily traffic than this one. Which is also a bit depressing; I've been building readership on this thing for over a year and a half now, plus Google owns Blogger, so I get a lot of search engine hits through them. Still, the statesmanblogs stats are blowing mine completely out of the water.

But statesmanblogs won't let you post photos unless you're special (what, I'm not?!*), so I don't plan on abandoning Blogger anytime soon. Besides, I have no idea who those readers are. Probably a bunch of riffraff. Not cool like you guys.**

It was occurring to me, starting a brand-new blog in a brand-new place, that it might be helpful to the readership to put together a little glossary covering the unfamiliar terms I'll be tossing into my writing here and there. Here are a few ideas to start with.

10-keying: Symbolically, any mindless task assigned as a punishment to employees the boss doesn't like, in order to humiliate them and break their spirit. 10-keying might not refer to actual 10-keying; similarly, actual 10-keying might not be 10-keying, if you catch my drift.

Buttlickers: Cats! They're cats!!! For heaven's sake, people.

Going transportational: When state agency employees have had more than they can take!

Panicmonger: My supervisor, who is going to make us all go transportational one of these days.

PowerPoint: An excellent piece of recreational software, which I understand can sometimes be used for business purposes as well.

Stalker: Any male state agency employee who expresses any prurient interest whatsoever, however fleetingly or politely, in any female state agency employee.

Three-Martini Break Group, or 3MBG: Needs no explanation here, of course. Just an informal collection of the coolest people I've ever known.

Toupeedar: The ability to detect Donald Trump with the naked eye from other galaxies.

VW Ribbit: My awesome car.

Any more suggestions? Throw 'em in. The riffraff over at statesmanblogs are depending on you.

----------------
*I am not proud.
**Statesmanblogs readers who have found their way over here and are reading this are, by definition, not riffraff.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 10:23 PM, Blogger dreadpir8roberts said...

Three Martini Break Group has the same initials as They Might Be Giants.

*lightbulb* Ah! */lighbulb*

 
At June 19, 2007 10:38 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I know! Total coincidence. I never noticed until one time b.r. abbreviated it.

I abbreviated it with the 3 instead to prevent confusion, because you could see how people might mix us up. :)

 
At June 21, 2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Pam said...

what is this statesman blog thing?

They can't be *all that* if I've never heard of them ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home