Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Morning Sickness


Around 5 a.m., I awoke from a vivid dream that I had just found out I was pregnant. Timing is a bit muddled in dreams. For one thing, it's odd that I was only just finding out as I was beginning to feel the baby move. For another thing, if my last sexual encounter had knocked me up, you'd think the diapers and 3 a.m. feedings would have tipped me off some time ago.

My alarm went off just as I was getting back to sleep, and I was agonizingly tired, and I don't want to go to work, and I haven't taken a sick day in a month or so. I got up to compose an email to the panicmonger. "I'm sick (cough, cough)," I wrote.

The joke's on her, because I moved my car back into the break spot before riding my bike home yesterday.

But now, of course, I'm wide awake. Maybe I'll go shopping. I could use a pair of these:

They're perfectly safe. I have an IUD!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 13, 2007 8:26 PM, Blogger dreadpir8roberts said...

You go see the Sweedish Doctor?

I should probably go see Dr. Ikea at some point.

 
At June 13, 2007 9:30 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Not today, but I'm about due for a checkup.

I need another flower for my car antenna.

 
At June 13, 2007 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it. You were pretty hot preggo, lilybet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home