Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tourism

I really need to start bringing my own camera when I go places. By the time I go back to add in pictures to this post, or by the time I get Corpus pictures to add in to my Corpus posts, no one will be reading them anymore.

Which is of course assuming anyone was reading them in the first place. Now where'd I put my crickets?

My uncle and aunt have been in Texas for about a week, touring. They went to Houston for a class reunion, then visited Corpus Christi, then San Antonio, and - saving the best for last, of course - arrived in Austin last night. They're heading back to Houston tomorrow to catch their plane home to Joisey.

We had a really nice visit. We went on a short walking tour of Travis Heights, to see the park and all the cool old houses, then spent the afternoon in the nice air-conditioned Capitol, where I was met with crushing disappointment. There's a Texas Travel Information center - that's a part of the agency I work for, you know - in the Capitol Visitors' Center, adjacent to the Capitol Building itself. It has a computer kiosk. With internet. I could post a quick blog. From an agency computer! Sweet!

Wouldn't you know, those bastards had blocked off everything except their own internal tourism site.

My uncle and aunt took us out to dinner at Kerbey Lane Cafe, and are now braving the gathering storm to go back to their hotel. It was a lovely visit, and they took lots of pictures.

Film at 11.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home