Friday, June 01, 2007

Desafinado

When you're at odds (who can say why?) with someone you care about, your whole universe is out of whack. Nothing seems quite right: food doesn't taste the way it should, colors aren't as bright, everything seems generally off-kilter.

And I have these dreams. I have dreams of reconciliation, where we talk, and cut easily through all the mess. By the end of the dream it turns out that everything that was wrong was just a misunderstanding. Everything is all straightened out now. There's this wonderful sense of connectedness, and happiness, and peace, and friendship, and love, and harmony.

Then you wake up and realize it was only a dream, and you feel so broken and sad. Was anything ever real at all?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2007 7:27 PM, Blogger southboulevard said...

sigh. I am at odds with a very close friend. I've had the very same dream many times over the last 6 months. Oh well...I guess that's life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home