Sunday, June 03, 2007

Good Things

During the move in February, I lost one of the earrings from my very favorite pair. I have no idea where it could have gone. I had hoped it would turn up when I was cleaning out the apartment, but it was just gone. I was sad. My very favorite pair.

This weekend I finally picked up the one remaining earring to toss it - I've left it sitting on top of my dresser all this time. And saw its mate, sitting on the dresser just a few inches away from it.

Inexplicably good thing!

Today I went to the Gay Pride parade with one of my most bestest friends. He's one of my favorite people ever. He's smart and funny and warm and kind and clever and always fascinating and fun to talk to. We had such a good time! And crossing the street to find a good vantage point for the parade, I spotted a penny wedged into a crack in the middle of 4th Street. And not only did I get the penny, but (1) it was heads-up, and (2) I didn't get run over, not even clipped, in the process of retrieving it.

Fabulously good things!

The parade was wonderful: just an overall good vibe, with lots of happy friendly cheering laughing people, and a minimum of catty remarks about the lesbians from my companions. Many of the paraders were tossing out candy and beads and toys and, um, hair gel. Or whatever. I stepped forward and caught a strand of beads one-handed with my left hand. And I am a complete klutz!!

Surprisingly good things.

And I got home and after a while it occurred to me to check, idly, once more, for a song I've wanted to download for a long time, but it hasn't been available on iTunes. And now it is!

Cheese-i-licious goodness!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 03, 2007 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. I wish you had told me you were going to the parade. I thought about going, but I ended up at dinner with a friend around that time. Glad you had fun.

 
At June 03, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I know!! I wish I had called you. I didn't know I was going until shortly before and didn't think to call you until later.

We saw the cowboy!! From the Village People!!! OMG!!1!!!!! He walked right in front of me, inches away, and nodded and said "hi"!!!!11!!eleventy-one!!!

He looks surprisingly like Clark Gable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home