Saturday, June 09, 2007

Something I Didn't Want to Know

Dinosaurs died horrible, agonizing deaths

Inasmuch as I ever thought about it (which, to be perfectly honest, I never did) I always imagined them passing peacefully in their sleep. This is so sad!

And speaking of dinosaurs, I applied for another job within the agency yesterday. I have Hope. My job experience seems particularly relevant to the skills they're looking for. The only problem is that the job is in HR, so I'd be working among complete idiots.

But it would be a whole shiny new set of complete idiots! Robbie remarked it would be like going from the cast-iron frying pan into the stainless steel frying pan. What the hell, I need fresh blog fodder.

The agency hiring process takes a geological era or two. Hopefully I'll hear back from them before we're all extinct.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2007 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story about the dinosaurs is completely absurd.

"Fossilized dinosaurs often have wide-open mouths, heads thrown back and tails that curve toward the head."

"Some animals found in this posture may have suffocated in ash during a volcanic eruption, consistent with the fact that many fossils are found in ash deposits, Faux and Padian said. But many other possibilities exist, including disease, brain trauma, severe bleeding, thiamine deficiency or poisoning."

So they're suggesting that "often" the only animals that make it into the fossil record were buried by volcanoes, poisoned, diseased or got bonked on the head. Now does THAT make any sense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home