Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Work Avoidance Post

The move has begun. 11 boxes of books have been carted over to the new house, unloaded, and the boxes brought back for repacking (we're a little short of boxes). At this time tomorrow it will all be done.

Hahahahahaha!

A slip of paper fell out of a volume of Plato as I was unpacking it. It was purchased for some class at one time or another, so the book is one that has probably changed hands several times. The paper is a promotional sticky note for Arduan (pipecuronium bromide) for injection. Scrawled across it are the words, "Nowhere does Plato say 'why?' communities form but, rather, 'how -' such that one must glean the 'why?' from the 'how'"

What a pretentious git.

Some particularly excellent news is that, previously unbeknownst to us, the house has a cat door in the back! Oh frabjous day! Actually, it's a dog door, and not for a small dog either. In fact a reasonably small cat burglar would fit through comfortably. So having said that, I guess I won't publish my new address here, as I had originally planned.

There is also, for a reason I have not yet deduced, a small, slanted, well-concealed pass-through from the bathroom closet into the closet of Eric's room. Katie insisted that no one tell Eric. I think she's making plans for her next sleepover. Perhaps the architect was a teenaged girl with an annoying older brother, I don't know.

If there's internet access tomorrow, there should be pictures tomorrow. Because, you know, tomorrow this will all be done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home