Sunday, July 09, 2006

What a Piece of Work Is Man

This hilarious post by Bainwen must be the reason behind my dream last night.

I dreamt that I took a road trip to Tyler in a wheelchair. It was nighttime, and at some point I took a wrong turn, and had to navigate several steep flights of steps. It struck me as slightly odd that a state highway would have stairs. Normally, you know, they don't.

I also had to strap my cat Bingo to the footrest because he didn't feel like walking the whole way. Lazy little bastard!

When I got back I had to cheer up a depressed friend by singing the Hamlet-lyriced song from Hair:

What a piece of work is man
How noble in reason
How infinite in faculties
In form and moving how express and admirable,
In action how like an angel,
In apprehension how like a god;
The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!

I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth,
This goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory,
This most excellent canopy, the air, look you:
This brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof
Fretted with golden fire,
Why, it appears no other thing to me
Than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.

What a piece of work is man,
How noble in reason!


Perhaps tonight the alligators will make an appearance.

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Hey, now, I don't think you can blame me for this dream. My gator sign has nothing to do with cats or songs from Hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home