Saturday, July 01, 2006

For Every Problem, a Solution

Anna walked into the bedroom today and attacked poor innocent Peachy, who was only trying to get some sleep. In the middle of the floor. Anna bent over her on hands and knees and kissed her soundly on her little pink nosey, causing Peach to sneeze, then go into a fit of licking herself.

"Peachy looks jealous," remarked Anna.

"Jealous?" I said. "Why would Peachy be jealous?"

"Because I kissed her!" replied Anna.

"I don't think you know what that word means," I said.

"Yes I do!" retorted Anna. "It means mad!"

So I sat there for a few minutes trying to explain the concept of jealousy to a five-year-old, which isn't really that easy a task. Finally I came up with an example I thought she could relate to. "Peachy's probably jealous of Romeo right now," I told Anna, "because you aren't kissing his nose."

Anna thought about this for a moment and brightened. She ran out of the room.

A minute or two later she came running back in. "Mommy!" she said. "Where's Romeo?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home