Thursday, June 22, 2006

Getting Out Alive

You know that highly formulaic device at the end of movies where the good guys have defeated the bad guys and now all that's left is a race to escape as the fortress of evil collapses perilously around them?

It just occurred to me that's what my old employer is like - at least from my perspective, having gotten away intact. It probably appears somewhat differently to the people who are still there, many of whom lead an existence that doesn't center entirely around me, and a few of whom may not even know who I am.

What a bunch of losers.

But that's not what my current job is like, so I'm really bummed that a second member of our ultra-cool break group gave his notice today. This better not be a trend. But I've noticed a faint tang of dissatisfaction in the air lately. Apparently some people feel that numerous, extended breaks don't constitute everything they'd hoped for from a career. It's equally obvious that these deranged people are in entirely the wrong line of work.

It's also obvious that at this rate, we're in danger of running out of fun people to go on break with, and that will never do. I'd have to get a real job, or perhaps take up supervillainy. Too bad they don't build fortresses of evil like they used to.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd be a great villainess! haha!

 
At June 23, 2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Awww! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!

*sniff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home