Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ask a Silly Question

With whom does one go to see I Love My Dead Gay Son: The Musical! stage adaptation of the film Heathers?

With one's good friend Heather, of course. Duhhh!

It was great fun; very silly, over-the-top, energetic, and much, much, much raunchier than the original. Also substantially gayer. The two things that struck me most about the production were the fact that the title song had a kick line AND jazz hands (sweet!) and, on a more sinister note, the chief Heather character looked, sounded, and acted exactly like Tiffany, the president of my former employer.

*shudders*

(Why it never occurred to anyone to lace Tiffany's Diet Dr. Pepper with Drano, I'm not quite sure; on the other hand, maybe people have been doing it for years and she's just built up a tolerance for it.)

I highly recommend the show, running through July 1; especially if you like the movie but never felt it was quite twisted enough. (And Wynona Ryder is pretty annoying.)

So next, I have a very tempting offer to spend Emancipation Day at Barton Springs. On the one hand, I'd have to blow off my appointment with Buzz, whom I haven't seen in five years. On the other hand, that bastard's sure to schedule me for a mammogram.

Should I just go swimming?

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seriously crack me up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home