Friday, June 16, 2006

What's Said at Cici's...

...Gets posted on my blog!

No, wait, wait, that's not it. It stays at Cici's; not least because rather a lot of the dirt is on me.

We did figure out today that part of the reason stalking seems to be such a recurrent problem where I work is the whole office-workers-metamorphosing-into-office-equipment phenomenon. This has been going on for ages, so when someone like my cute cube neighbor A. and I get hired on, we encounter a work environment where many of the older guys have not seen a squidgy, girl-shaped object in decades.

It's kind of like Oz.

Well, I invoke the CiCi's rule and won't give specifics, but I'd like to make a few salient points:

1) Today is the second in a row I've taken a two-hour lunch. I don't think anyone noticed - that is, aside from a coworker who came up to me this afternoon and silently handed me a sticky note with the word "laggard" on it - but I really shouldn't make a habit of this. (I have the sticky note on my computer monitor now, but may find a more creative location for it next week. It will be the first in what I plan to be a long series.)

2) Hooray for more magnetic letters! Yesterday all I had was "Yo, did we ramp up the drivel" and today I was able to make the far superior "near to the madding crowd, simply divine!" Ha ha, there aren't enough magnetic letters for anyone else to come along and argue with me. C'est magnifique!

3) I'll be damned, looks like we are spongeworthy after all. I don't know who our sponge fairy benefactor is, but I took a picture - then forgot my camera at work. D'oh!

4) We now know the true identity of the mysterious Thursday kitchen Phantom Pharter. Check Robbie's blog for an update!

5) How do you get Kermit the Frog's undivided attention?

6) Change sucks sometimes. I wish good friends never had to part. Moochas Smooches and best of luck to you in College Station, and don't forget to eat nasty pizza. We'll all be there for the Housewarming Party Crawl, so be sure and have plenty of beer on hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home