Saturday, July 08, 2006

Old School

This shift key thing is going to drive me absolutely nuts! I popped off the key and blew on the contact, but it didn't help.

I learned to type, ever so many years ago, on a super-fancy IBM Selectric, which I thought was about the coolest thing ever since it had that little typing ball with all the letters on it instead of the individual letters on arms that always ended up jamming together if you typed too fast. Remember those? Anyone??

Where did all these damn crickets come from?

Actually, I'm sure many of my cow orkers at the State can remember these things, and if anything I'm just amazed that we aren't using them still. We do have computers. Glory be!

Check out my phone, though. Ooh, and remind me to get a picture of an Improved Hummer. I bet I could make a fortune swiping one of those things and selling it on eBay.

1 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 1:26 PM, Blogger southboulevard said...

Nice letter board. Perhaps there is still an old state employee who has morphed into a typewriter. I bet there is one in teh office somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home