Sunday, July 23, 2006

How To Have Fun

I want to say a big thank you to my good friend Silhavy for giving me his whole evening yesterday. I hope his other friends weren't too upset! And just remember, on the dance floor, the rules do not apply. Whatever doesn't actually get you arrested is all good.

We started out the evening at L_M_N_L on E. 5th Street, where my sister Margie and her friends Lauren, Bill, and Lance had - had - well, I'm not sure what to call it. An "art show" implies something static that you stand around and look at, but a "kegger" doesn't sound very artistic. Think of it as something encompassing both, only with a surveillance camera and corresponding viewing room, a mystery box to stick your hand into and get artistically molested (I didn't), an alarmingly steep playground slide (I did*), a changing room, ladders, platforms, bedding, bubble wrap, and an artist in the shower, for starters. It was great fun!

Then we met up with our friend Tony to drink more and go dancing with all the pretty people. Hooray for a night out! I really need to do that more often.

Well, somewhat more often, anyway. Oh, my head...

--------------------------------------------
*In fact, going down the slide in a skirt may well have fulfilled my MySpace prophecy from Friday.

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger southboulevard said...

what are you talking about!? We are the pretty people! *snort*

Let's Dance!

 
At July 25, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Let me reprhase that: "go dancing with all the OTHER, slightly less pretty people."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home