Monday, April 28, 2008

Now What?

A hailstorm is scary when you have a metal roof. It sounds like the 872,435 Hamsters of the Apocalypse. And your outdoor plants look like they've been munched on by same.

It's strangely quiet back at work today. I am no longer sure exactly what it is that I do; and just when I was really getting the hang of it, too. I'm told there's a lot of back work that's been waiting until conference was over and that I'll be extremely busy. Well, tomorrow's another day.

What is fun, and really nice, is an influx of emails I've gotten from people I've just met, and with whom I'll be working closely in the future. They're a cool bunch, and very friendly, and so gosh-darned happy to make my acquaintance, I feel like I have a whole new family! And who couldn't use a whole new family? The 67 hours I put in last week are excellent practice for the time management skills I'll need to juggle my new double life, too.

Welcome to whoever you are at the City of Beaumont who has apparently stumbled across this blog, by the way. I hope it's clear that I had a wonderful time there and really hit it off with everyone I met, no matter what odd grammatical constructions they may have used. It was loads of fun, and I feel very lucky for my first conference to have been such a good one!

Best of all is that the weather kept nice for us all week, only raining briefly on us while we were on the buses, and keeping the really scary stuff for when we got home, safely under our own, gawdawfully noisy metal roof.

I really should have brought the plants inside.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 02, 2008 2:35 AM, Blogger Tommy Korioth said...

You had to go to Beaumont? I’m so, so, sorry. Please accept my condolences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home