Saturday, March 29, 2008

Package Deals

Is there anything you can buy with condoms that isn't embarrassing?!

I needed to buy some - for the first time in my life, I do believe! but not, as it happens, for myself - so I went to Walgreen's, and brought Anna with me for, um, protection. Because no one will snicker if I am accompanied by a small, adorable child. Right?

But everything else I needed to pick up while we were there seemed like the worst possible thing to buy in conjunction with a giant economy pack (oh, we aren't taking any chances) of Trojans.

A robot action figure for Anna's friend's birthday party next weekend - d'oh! And we're out of toilet paper - d'oh!! And some, ah, feminine-type medication my doctor told me to get yesterday. D'oh!!! Anna was behaving very well, so I told her she could get some candy. She chose a giant lollipop. D'OH!!!

Fortunately there's nothing remotely suggestive about the package of frozen corn dogs I picked up for the kids to have for dinner tonight while I'm out with friends.

Maybe I'll bring the condoms with me. What the hell.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2008 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually get a box of Magnums and a package of rubberbands.

 
At March 30, 2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Thanks - next time I go to a white elephant gift exchange, I know exactly what to bring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home