Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ah, the Crazy Hedonism of the Weekends

I love when I have the house to myself, because then I can listen to as much Prokofiev as I damn well please.

And give myself a manicure and a pedicure, uninterrupted. And play in the dirt!

This guy was starting to get pretty root-bound in his nasty green plastic pot on wire hangers. I don't know what kind of plant he is, aside from the kind of plant you can get at HEB. I've had him about two years now.


My honeysuckle is in bloom!


I didn't want anybody to think the picture I posted yesterday is representative of my plant-tending skills. That hapless creature was left here by the previous tenant, and had about four more leaves when we moved in than it does now. I've been watering it and trying to save it, I swear.


L-R: planted clippings from the hanging-basket HEB guy (who has another flourishing child at my office, by the way, and another vase full of clippings ready to plant - anybody want them? Perhaps he is a member of the zucchini family), another abandoned rescue plant which is doing much better now, some clippings from a coworker (icicle plant?!), and newly planted clippings from yet another abandoned plant I rescued and have nursed back to rampant health, but don't know how to identify.

Don't you love Prokofiev?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 05, 2007 9:56 PM, Blogger Di said...

You hanging plant for HEB is called a Pothos. I just call 'em Ivy!! Di ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home