Sunday, May 13, 2007

What Happens at the Alamo and an Art Party...

...actually, your guess is as good as mine because we didn't manage to go to either.

We went to see Hot Fuzz at the Alamo South and it was sold out, so we looked through the Chronicle and decided instead to go see it at the Tinseltown South on Stassney, fifteen minutes later.

Okay. I don't go to movies often. The last regular-price movie I went to see in a regular theater was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in Corpus, two years ago. And since that time, I've been to two dollar theater showings in Corpus, and two features at the Alamo. That's it, in the last two years. So I figured, well, it'll be corporate, and you won't be able to get beer; but a theater is a theater, right?

Wrong, actually. They play commercials at you! COMMERCIALS! How the hell did that come about? They think I paid $8.50 for a movie ticket so I could sit there for half an hour watching commercials?! By the time the movie finally started I was already kind of viewed out and wanting to go home, and we only got there a few minutes before the published showtime.

I know you're going to tell me you told me so and yes, you did, but I didn't have any idea it was quite that bad. I guess the writing's on the wall, though. Not for no reason was the Alamo showing sold out, while we were two out of about ten people, total, in the theater at the Tinseltown. Well, never again. Though it was a fun movie and maybe we'll go see it again at the Alamo in a few weeks when it isn't sold out anymore.

It was a fun evening overall. We had dinner at the Alligator Grill before, ice cream at Amy's after, then popped into the nearest branch of the Evil Empire to buy some pussy supplies.

Wait, I shouldn't tell you that. What happens at Wal-Mart, stays at Wal-Mart.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2007 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shopped at Wal-Mart?

You think you know somebody. What's happened to you?

 
At May 13, 2007 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, last place you saw a society movie was in Corpus? hmmm I havent been to Corpus in forever. Maybe we can all go soon!?! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home