Friday, May 11, 2007

A Highway of My Own

Today I got to assign a number for an addition to the Texas state highway system. How awesome is that?!

Of course my first choice was State Spur 42. Unfortunately, there's already a State Loop 42 and it turns out we don't duplicate numbers between spurs and loops. I'm bummed, because that would have been really amazingly cool, so cool you could store a side of meat in it for a week; besides which, the usual mental state of my supervisor tends to keep the Hitchhiker's Guide near the tip of my brain.

Don't Panic.

But I digress! Anyway, I looked over a few other permutations and finally figured out I could use my own initials as the designation to submit for official rubber-stamping, I mean approval.

If you're ever driving down State Spur 357 in Goree, Texas, think fondly of me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2007 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Designate a road in Ding Dong so we can all go check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home