Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yes, We Have No Pictures

So apparently they don't have AA batteries in Laredo. Maybe it's a Christmastime thing. I have not been able to find any.

Here's the hotel where I'm staying. In the eighth picture on the page, you can see the door next to the door to my room. I'm on the fourth floor. Don't come knocking; I'll only call the cops, and I'm checking out in the morning anyway.

And here's San Augustin de Laredo, whose bell tower got all washed out in the only picture I managed to take before my batteries died. C'est magnifique, n'est-ce pas?


And here's a really interesting photo essay of Laredo. I haven't seen any of the swanky stuff, and I kind of suspect it's a little disproportionately represented; but then, the rich always are. The downtown photos were not taken at the Christmas season. All the ghastly tacky shops are open and completely swarming with people now.

Two more random facts about Laredo:

1. Upon consideration, I'd rather live in Corpus.
2. I'd also feel a lot safer driving on I-610 at rush hour. Does everybody here have a death wish?

That's all, goodnight, bonnuit. A bientot, mes chers amis! Je vous aime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home