Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Little Electroshock Therapy'll Clear That Right Up

Just now I was curled up in bed, dozing off an excess of caffeine, and I had the most horrible dream.

I was trying to log into my email. But while I can read, speak clearly, and even sing, I can't write or type, dial a phone, run, or scream in my dreams. I'm sure there's a perfectly good neurological reason for this.*

Anyway, I was trying to log into my email, but kept botching up my username so badly that I eventually got a message saying, "Bilge software is FREE! But it will take just a moment to download," and my cursor was the little spinning rainbow disk, because my computer's low on memory; and I was trying to highlight over the message and retype my username over it, but my computer was completely frozen up.

Finally it finished downloading what it was downloading, and apparently "Bilge" is a DOS-based chat client (on an iBook?!?), and in my fumble-fingered attempts to stop the download, not only had I inadvertently signed on, but I had sent an instant message to, of all people, Coworker-You-Idiot.

The message just said, "Hi there!" which isn't all that bad, except that it is, as I'm sorry to say I've learned the hard way, somewhat unwise to pay unnecessary attention of any kind to C-Y-I. But my display name was "BootyCall1974."

I woke up in a cold sweat.

----------------------
*It's called "you're crazy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home