Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Farewell To Kittens

The kitten went back home to her people tonight, after 3 weeks with us. I think my heart is broken.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we could have found her some other home ourselves. I've gotten pretty attached to her, and don't like giving her to people who have to be cajoled into taking her back after dumping her off for this long. They have dogs, too. Are they going to give her cream every time they make coffee? I hope they let her cuddle up with them and suck on their fingertips. I'm afraid they won't baby her enough.

And when we got ready to leave, we had to remove her gently from Peachy, who was nursing her and giving her a bath. Both of them were purring loud enough to rattle the walls.

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all," says Tennyson. But I bet that smarmy bastard never had a kitten.

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Pam said...

That blows!! But I understand your need NOT to have ANOTHER cat.

We'd have taken her (protesting spouse be damned!) if we were closer.

 
At December 23, 2006 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand being worried (to be honest I'm worried after reading your post, but then I'm a big softy) but I can understand the need to say no. If I was closer I would've taken her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home