Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Generality

I. Why are we supposed to eat so much at Christmastime? I think it has something to do with an ancient drive to build up fat stores to last us through the cold season. Hey, evolution! News flash! I live in Texas!

Sausage-and-cheese kolaches are pretty tasty, though.

II. My high-school friend from Huntsville and her family and I wondered who some of the characters were on the Nativity Scene on 37th Street. We recognized Rummy, Cheney, and Condi, but not the two women standing over the manger. Turns out the Holy Parents were Mary Cheney and her partner. Very nicely done! I'm glad we have the Chron to 'splain this stuff to us. But the article didn't mention the best part of the display, an additional figure with the face cut out so that visitors could take their place in today's policital /religious gestalt.

III. For the approval (I hope) of a certain friend of mine, I feel I should tell you my most recent three iTunes purchases:
1) Rock the Casbah - The Clash
2) Electric Avenue - To Kool Chris
3) I'm Through With Love - Chet Baker

Well, they don't all go on the same playlist.

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I approve. ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home