Friday, November 24, 2006

From San Antonio, With Love

Last night I had this very stressful dream that I had been offered a job working for the city, but I had to start right away and couldn't give notice at the state. And I couldn't get my phone to work to call my (former) lead worker and let him know; and then my supervisor kept meandering by while I was waiting in the extremely long line at the city new-hire admittance desk (it was a dream, okay?) and I was worried that she'd think I was just slacking off; and I felt terribly guilty about just quitting my old job without any warning.

Lousy Motel 6 mattresses!

Today I've been playing Barbie with Anna. Who knew the kid was so into Barbies? You think you haven't conditioned your child with gender role stereotypes; then you turn your back for an hour only to find your brilliant, enlightened little daughter up to her skivvies in fashion doll paraphernalia.

Then again, they are pretty hard to resist. I don't care that much about the clothes, but they have some totally hot shoes. Ooh, there's this one pair of boots that -

Sorry.

My in-laws have a visitor over right now, and this is a new experience for me: I am blogging with a priest in the house. Quick - say something sacrilegious! I'm too tired to think of anything. I didn't sleep very well last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home