Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Or Not Turkey...

Sometimes Mom would make turkey with all the trimmings on Thanksgiving, but sometimes she was more in the mood for boeuf bourguignon or chicken marengo. Sometimes she felt like making turkey with all the trimmings on some other day. You didn't know.

Why be a slave to the calendar?

Have a happy Thanksgiving, eat some turkey, watch some football (and like it for me, okay?), and be thankful for something or other. One year ago I was living in skanky-ass Corpus and toiling away in the workplace from Hell. Now I'm in beautiful Austin, and strictly speaking I could probably stand to toil a little harder - but it's all good. At the moment, actually, I'm in San Antonio at my in-laws' house. Some of them have just finished playing Madden on the PS2. There's real football coming from the TV in the kitchen, though. I'm not thankful for all the football, but on the other hand, I am deeply thankful that cilantro isn't a traditional ingredient in turkey stuffing. That would suck.

Here's a nice recipe for boeuf bourguignon. It's too late to make it today, but hey, you've got the long weekend. Mom used to serve it over egg noodles. Bon appetit!

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ca me semble assez delicieuse. Tu en as besoin preparer pour moi!
Happy Thanksgiving cherie!

grosses bises

 
At November 23, 2006 6:53 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Avec plaisir, mon cher ami!

Je reviens domain a Austin.

(Comment dites-on "call me" en francais??)

Ruf mir an! Ausgezeichnet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home