Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nice People Rock

I got a call at about 10:30 this morning from Margie, which is unusual as she's not generally awake at such an ungodly hour. But when I answered the phone, it wasn't Margie, it was some guy. "Is this Beth?" he asked.

Um. "Yes, it is," I said.

"Do you know whose phone this is?"

Great. You know, this is the second phone Margie has lost in two weeks. She got it because she was unable to find the first one. But this jogger found it on the Town Lake hike-and-bike, made the effort to call someone out of the address book (and I wasn't the first one on the list, just the first one who answered) and very good-naturedly was willing to wait around until I got there to pick it up. Fortunately I'm not very far away.

Just as well Amanda didn't answer, since she lives in San Marcos.

So the moral for the day is twofold: One, do something nice for someone today. Two, if you have a sister who's prone to losing things and your name is Zzzwyzzywut, you might want to think about changing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home