Sunday, September 10, 2006

And Here's To You, Mrs. Gordon

Went to another Noah's Arc viewing party tonight. On the way home afterwards, I got up the nerve to inquire of a very dear gay friend what some of his friends' specialized sex terminology refers to, and was both relieved and frightened to be told that he really didn't know. I thought I was a pretty worldly character, but I guess not. Well, you learn something every day... whether you actually enjoy the learning process is, I suppose, another story altogether.

The scientist in me also wanted to know: Who'd you rather do, Ernest Borgnine or me? I'm happy to report that 100% of gay friends surveyed chose me. That's right. Oh yeah. I am hotter than Ernest Borgnine ba-BAY!

Granted, and with all respect, his milkshake brings practically nobody to the yard.

7 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!

 
At September 10, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

If that's a vote for Ernest Borgnine, I know where you work.

 
At September 10, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger southboulevard said...

Who the hell is that guy? Sometimes, reading your posts makes me feel so young.

 
At September 11, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

I think I'd also rather do you than Ernest Borgnine. ;-)

 
At September 11, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Fletch said...

Are we talking about the original McHale's Navy Borgnine, or the 1997 remake Borgnine?

 
At September 11, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I don't know, I always think of him as a 70's actor so probably circa 1974 or s --

Hey!!

 
At September 14, 2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Borgnine is a great actor (Academy Award winning Best Actor for the film "Marty") He was the star of the 1960s series "McHale's Navy". People might remember him for his role with William Holden in 1969's violent western, "The Wild Bunch", but most younger people will recognize his voice as Mermaid Man in the "Spongebob Squarepants" cartoons (Barnicle Boy is voiced by his "McHale's Navy" co-star, Tim Conway).

Borgnine will be 90 pretty soon and has made over 100 films and is still working today. But most important, he's a liberal and still works tirelessly for charities all over the country. I've met him twice and each time he has treated me as if I was an old friend. Wonderful man. Look him up sometime and you'll be surprised at how many great movies he has been in.

A quick closing note, when he won the Oscar, the four men he beat out were Spencer Tracy, Frank Sinatra, James Dean, & James Cagney. Not bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home