Thursday, March 09, 2006

Time Warner Cable Can Bite My Ass

Let's not mince words here.

Just got finished ordering cable service. What an abysmally sucky experience. They have a web site with various a la carte and package options, but they only list some of the prices; nor can you just call them - you have to input your phone number and have them call you. Not that it really makes that much of a difference, it's just weird, and throws you slightly off balance.

That's probably exactly the effect they're going for.

So I call them - I mean, have them call me - to ask some questions about pricing, packages, and specials, get quoted some numbers, say thank you, no, I'm not ready to order just yet, no, really, I'm not, thank you, and get off the phone again.

My family and I discuss amongst ourselves. The information I've gathered has only confused us further. Finally we agree on what to get, just to keep from talking about it any more, and I call them - I mean, have them call me - to place the order.

But wait. Now I'm talking to a different person, and the costs she's quoting me bear no resemblance whatsoever to the costs I was quoted by the first person I called. I mean, who called me.

Long story short (too late!), I am so overcome with bewilderment and humiliation that I just agree to whatever Caller #2 says I have to pay. I think I might have signed over my firstborn. But I'm okay with this. Maybe they can get him to do his homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home