Friday, December 23, 2005

Falafel: It's What's for Christmas!

Oh wait, I already did that line, and it was car trouble. DAMN it.

The title is just my amusing social commentary on the fact that Bill O'Reilly, Mr. Wholesome Family Values himself, is quite vocal in the protest against referring to the holidays as.... well, as the holidays.

I could write a long and tremendously witty post about how silly the whole "War on Christmas" thing is, but the thing is that my fellow snopester Echinodermata Q. Taft has already done that, so I'd just be duplicating effort. And nobody wants that.

Inasmuch as there is a War on Christmas, I suppose I've thrown my lot in with the enemy by completely flaking out on Christmas cards this year. What with the job situation and the whole Austin move coming up, and various other things in the air, I just didn't get to 'em. And you know, every year I threaten not to; but somehow, every year I do get them out. Not this time. My husband just dragged me out to do my first Christmas shopping after work last night. I haven't gotten him anything yet. Maybe I'll be able to find a garage sale Saturday. God and Bill only know I don't want to go anywhere near a store. (shudder)

It's my last Friday, though as it turns out not quite my last day, at work. We're closed next week, but Suzi is so desperately behind on some major projects that she'll be coming in at least a couple of days anyway. I can use extra money (if you can imagine that!) and I'll be in town next week, so I volunteered to come in as well to help out, and get paid double. Hopefully it will only be a couple of days.

Again, I am clearly the Most. Dedicated. Short-timer. EVER.

Happy Holidays, everyone! And Merry Christmas, Bill, you perverted, pedantic old skeazebag! Don't get too crazy with that falafel, now.

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 9:17 AM, Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

Isn't Bill O'Reilly going to be surprised when he dies and there are non-Christians in the afterlife? I bet Jesus will have the camcorder going to catch the expression on Bill's face!

 
At December 24, 2005 7:56 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Note to self: Buy the Baby Jesus a camcorder for His birthday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home