Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What's the big deal?

The big deal, for anyone reading who doesn't already know this, is that I have a job interview Friday.

In Austin!

It's so too good to be true. And I wasn't even looking in Austin anymore - not looking anywhere at all, really, since my transfer to Suzi's team. A friend of mine, who works where I used to work, knows someone who is trying to fill a position she thought I'd be perfect for; and as she's (ahem!) familiar with the complaints I have with my current employer, she asked me if she could send in my resume.

Hello!?! Yes!?!

Well, they want to interview me; and they have three openings available and are only interviewing 5 people. And it's in a clean, honest line of work, not sales. And not an admin assistant position. And it's 20% more than I'm making now. Also, in case I forgot to mention, it's in Austin.

Oh. Oh imaginary cyberfriends. Do cross your fingers for me, won't you please? Unless you were using them to type with, or something.

How bad is that? I'm 36 years old and I have an imaginary cyberfriend?!? I seriously need to get a life. Fortunately, I have an interview for one. On Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home