Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Part Deux: Parenting the Human Male

Last night my son Eric walked into my room, looking glum. "What's the matter?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he said, and sat down on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

Well, you know, you can't push a kid if he isn't ready to discuss his problems, you just have to be there for him. So I went back to my book, but after a moment, Eric said, "You know, Mom, girls are confusing."

Ah. I put my hand on his arm. "People are confusing, honey," I told him. "Relationships are confusing. Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head. Poor baby. I know exactly what he's going through, really, I do.

"Would you like to go buy some shoes?" I asked.

Eric gave me an odd look. He seemed not to understand the question. "Um, no, I have a pair already, but thanks," he said.

Boys are confusing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home