Friday, September 21, 2007

In Summary

Yesterday I got a visit from a Google search on the phrase "stalking coworkers tits." And I'm really quite pleased, because I think if I had to summarize my whole blog in just three words, that would be it.

Every Friday afternoon I summarize my whole week in a couple of hundred words when I do my weekly status report. Then, once a month, I do a monthly status report. The panicmonger is eagerly implementing some new tracking software for us to log all our phone calls, emails, tasks, and other activities. One of the benefits of doing this, she points out, is that we can refer back to our logs and this will make it easier to do our status reports.

Today for the first time I put "Wrote my status report" on my status report. I also put down "Celebrated Talk Like a Pirate Day," which the panicmonger will probably find slightly bewildering. But I spent the entire day Wednesday writing that poem, so I felt it was important to include it.

I bet I write the best status reports of anybody in my department. Everybody else just does all the work. Why am I not in management?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2007 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You SHOULD be in management. It's an injustice, I tell you.

Seriously. I thought I had dreamt Dr. Nibley, in Vienna, and yet, there you were, in Snopes, referencing him. So he was real? For real-real? Man, I don't know who I am anymore.

Fargin-aay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home