Thursday, July 12, 2007

Severe Tire Damage

This happened while I was doing 70 down I-35 today.


Lucky, lucky, lucky me! It was a back tire, so I didn't lose control of the car; plus traffic was light and I was able to get immediately over onto the shoulder. Plus it was on the passenger side, away from oncoming 18-wheelers.

Ironically, Robbie and I were on our way back to work from his mechanic, where he'd just dropped off his car. Lucky, lucky, lucky me to have a big strong guy at hand!

Well, bigger and stronger than me, anyway. He struggled for a bit with the lug wrench. "Do you have any Stop-Leak?" he asked.

But he was eventually able to loosen the wheel and change the tire. I think tire dealers' strategy is to make sure you'll be killed in a roadside accident if you ever get a flat. That way you'll never buy tires anywhere else! Can you think of a better explanation for why they always machine-tighten the lug nuts all the way?

Lucky, lucky, lucky me that it happened only about a mile from my house so we could limp the car home, because by the time we got there, the spare looked like this.


Lucky, lucky, lucky me that I live walking distance from work!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2007 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure your secret admirer would be more than happy to take you home ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home