Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Sense of Humor Is Important

You need to be able to laugh at yourself. Because if you can't, you'll be the only person not in on the joke.

That would suck.

Not in yet, hopefully, on the news that 3-martini breaker Bryan has found another job, is Dreamboat: aka Fireball, aka Hairball, aka Ron Burgundy Greg, aka a few other monikers that I can't tell you (or indeed even remember) because I'm much too refined and ladylike. It's vitally important that he be the last to know, so nobody tell him.

On reflection, he's not all that bad: cantankerous, sure; nasty, not a little; stubborn, absolutely; difficult to work with, of course. But he seems at least to have a personality and a pulse, which is more than can be said for many agency employees. And if he snores, he has the decency to do so in the privacy of his own home.

The break group dwindles apace. Today when we went out to afternoon break we actually found our boss sitting in the designated 3-martini-break spot! Other things also make me frustrated, sad, and/or tired. I am not very happy, just at the moment.

But at least I know I'm ridiculous.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home