Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Wisdom of Magnetic Poetry

Maybe once a week or so I'll feature the good (or at least interesting) things that emerge from the magnetic words on the fridge. This one seems appropriate for Valentine's Day:

do not ask for love
it will only hit you on the head
with an enormous pole
and then chain you to the bed by the hair
when you cry for mother
Id say no if I were you


Not that there's ever any use in warning anyone.

I'm home in the middle of the day, in the nice clean house, by myself, with actual music playing on the stereo! My parents should be arriving at Austin-Bergstrom in a little under two hours, and will be here for just about a week. I haven't seen them since September '05 in Syracuse, so I'm really excited. I was hoping the weather here would be juuuuuuust a little bit nicer for their visit; but I guess it's a big enough improvement over 47 feet of snow that I don't need to worry too much about it.

Actually I have some errands I need to go run before I pick them up, but it's so nice here, I might just sit around and play with the magnetic poetry set instead.

1 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 8:35 PM, Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Have a great visit - at least you can walk without boots here.
Your post sent me in search of our magnetic poetry set... it was put away when the last house was up for sale and never came out of the drawer.
Mine is the garden edition, and the people in my family had way too much fun with words like blister, moist, brown, root, fertile, explode, emerge, burst, manure, tendril, wild, hole, and dirt. No way could I leave their creations up where potential buyers could see them!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home