Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Place Where I'd Quite Like To Be

Some days you feel pretty good, and some days just totally suck ruptured whale spleen.

I'm running away to Finland.


Here are a few salient facts-at-a-glance:

yksi. The Finnish language is not Indo-European. It's a member of the Finno-Ugric group of languages.
kaksi. Here's how!
kolme. I was going to put this list together without doing any research whatsoever, but curiosity got the better of me. Rats.
neljä. Reindeer: Yes
viisi. Lutefisk: Avoidable
kuusi. The Finnish name for Finland is "Suomi"
seitsemän. Not a good place to wear thongs in November (either kind)
kahdeksan. Any culture that gave us the word "sauna" is okay by me! Unless it's the hot-rocks kind that makes you get that weird metallic taste in the back of your nose. It probably is.

What the hell, it's got to be better than today was. Who's with me?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2008 11:42 PM, Blogger Cheryl's BITCH! said...

Voi Perkkele!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home