Monday, July 28, 2008

Crawlies

This video reminds me of my house, except my shoes are cuter.

Why are cockroaches so gross, anyway? Flies are dirtier. But if a fly lands on me, I just brush it away. I don't flip out and go hopping around the room squealing "ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!!!!!!"

On the other hand, maggots are worse than cockroaches. Maggots are very, very, very bad.

There's a cricket in the house - it just landed on Eric's leg in the kitchen, then bounced away. He thought it was a cockroach at first and gave the manly equivalent of the abovementioned squeaking sound, then realized what it was and settled down. Why is a cricket so much better?

Do you think cockroaches get grossed out when they touch us? They do seem to avoid it if they can. Perhaps they do, but when cockroaches squeal "ew ew ew ew ew," it's too high-pitched for us to hear.

Or actually, a better question is do we hate cockroaches because we know they are destined to supplant us as the dominant life form on Earth? If so, did T. rex think that early little mammalian shrew-creatures were simply the most ghastly little squelchy things he'd ever seen?

I don't really mind the cockroaches living here as long as they stay out of my way, and kindly refrain from landing on my face while I'm sleeping, because this wakes me up, and not in a way at all conducive to proper cardiopulmonary functioning. And unlike Dave the raccoon, they don't knock over the garbage and eat up all the cat food.

Plus it's not nearly as easy to take out Dave with a shoe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home