Thursday, April 10, 2008

Soundtrack of My Life

This MySpace survey was so much fun I'm scootching it over here. Last time I did this was for an awesome survey that asked for your bank account number and your mother's maiden name, so you know it's a good one.

The premise: Open your music library, put the whole thing on shuffle and press play. Each song is part of your life's "soundtrack." The first song will be "Opening Credits," the next is "Waking Up," the next is "First day of School," etc.

Try it out! See what happens!

Beth:
The Soundtrack of My Life


Opening Credits:
"Taking Tiger Mountain" Brian Eno.
This is a slow, pensive song; much better suited to a romantic drama than the kitschy 60's sex romp I was hoping for. But at least it's quirky. We'll see how it goes.

Waking Up:
"Whistling in the Dark" They Might Be Giants
Okay. Maybe it's a comedy.

First Day of School:
"Hurt" Nine Inch Nails
Oh snap. Well, you know, sixth grade won't be easy, will it?

Falling in Love:
"Burning Down the House" Talking Heads
Watch out! You might get what you're after!

First Kiss:
"So This is Christmas" John Lennon
It might be. If I recall correctly, "So This Is Arbor Day" might be a more accurate description. Still, I can hardly wait for...

Losing Virginity:
"Think I'm in Love" Beck
Losing your virginity'll do that to ya, that's for damn sure.

Break-up:
"Voices Carry" 'Til Tuesday
Ruh-roh! Sounds like there's a married man involved. What was I thinking?! Geez, I was just sixteen.

Depression:
"Lovefool" The Cardigans
"You love me no longer, I know, and maybe there is nothing I can do to make you, do..." Sigh! It's so true! And so sad!

Graduation:
"Que Onda Guero" Beck
And when I graduate, I move to the barrio and start hanging with some vatos. Hey, let's go to Cap'n Cork. They got the new Yanni cassette!

Driving Song:
"Fuckin' in the Bushes" Oasis
So I drive fast. You would too, if you lived in Texas, had no air conditioning, and were chronically late to everything. Now get the eff outta my way, beeYOTCH!

Fight Song:
"Earthquake Weather" Beck
I can't think of any way this is a fight song; but then, I'm really more of a lover.

Okay, a dancer at least.

I don't know! Just don't punch me.

Getting Back Together:
"Yeh Yeh" They Might Be Giants
No No! Don't go back! As I've mentioned before, going back to an ex is just like putting on dirty underwear that's been sitting in the hamper for a week.

We'll take this one as ironic.

Wedding:
"Turn Around" They Might Be Giants
"I was out by myself in the graveyard/I was doing an interpretive dance/When I felt something heavy and pointed/Strike me in the back of my neck/Then the ghost of my dance instructor/Pushed me down into an open grave/And as dirt rained down, she played the xylophone, and sang me this song:/Turn around, turn around/There's something there to be found/Turn around, turn around/It's a human skull on the ground/Human skull on the ground/Turn around..."

Fair enough.

Birth of First Child:
"I've Got My Mind Set on You" George Harrison
Remind me to remove this song.

Final Battle:
"Chains of Love" Erasure
Apparently my final battle will be staged against my approximately 367,482 gay friends.

I will lose.

Death Scene:
"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" Culture Club
In context, this seems like a fairly stupid question.

Funeral:
"White Room" Cream
I don't actually know what this song is about, but it's Cream and it's the late sixties, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say drugs. Probably NyQuil. I should've known!

Ending Credits:
"I Say a Little Prayer for You" Burt Bacharach
You can always count on Burt!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO

You're a great blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home