Sunday, February 24, 2008

And What Is So Rare as a Day in February?

It's a lot easier to rhyme with "June," which is the main reason there aren't more great poets from Texas.

Have you ever actually read that poem? I never did before today, but I remember the "so rare as a day in June" line because it was the pivotal clue in a children's mystery story about phila - philatel - er, stamp-collecting that I read as a kid. I've just gone and looked it up and you know what?

That is one long-ass poem.

It's okay. I tend to get long-winded myself. That's why I don't have time to take down Christmas lights.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 20, 2015 12:57 PM, Blogger kidsbooks said...

Do you happen to recall the title of the mystery? I;d like to find it for my son. I read it when I was small and I liked it,

 
At April 20, 2015 8:04 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Wow. I wish I could remember! I've been googling around and couldn't find anything that looked likely. It's so cool that someone else remembers that book, though! If you do come across it please let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home