Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Employee Suggestion Box


Dear Employees' Advisory Council,

It's come to my attention that it might be a good idea to install a partition in the men's room on the east side of the second floor. Its door directly faces the stairwell, so if things time out just right, and one gentleman is availing himself of the facilities exactly as a second gentleman is opening the door and a lady is emerging from the stairwell, the lady might inadvertently discover slightly more about the first gentleman than she really wanted to know.

Of course I've only been with the agency a little under two years, so I might be lacking context here. Perhaps some bygone employee suggested the vulnerable placement of the men's room under the assumption that it would help employees understand one another better, thus improving working relations. For heaven's sake! No wonder Bob is always such an asshole in staff meetings: just look at the poor fellow! Or, alternately, whoa. Sam's about due for a promotion, there, don't you think?

Still, I think there should be a partition. At least put a warning sign on the inside of the stairwell door ("Beware of the" - well, I don't know, you figure it out, you're the Employees' Advisory Council, not me.)

Regards,

A Concerned Employee

Nah, I'm just kidding; but this scenario sprang to mind when I walked out of the stairwell yesterday just as the men's room door directly across from me was being opened. I did catch a glimpse of someone within, but crane my neck as I might, I wasn't able to see anything I didn't want to see.

Well, tomorrow's another day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2007 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma-Na Ma-Na ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home